How does the Procurement Academy work?
A ‘one-size fits all’ approach does not work. Training requirements are often varied, as preferred learning styles differ between team members, and generations.
Each Procurement Academy is built in four phases:
1. Skill assessment & gap analysis
Our consultants develop a skills framework and needs analysis to measure current capabilities (from scratch or in conjunction with an existing framework).
We make a holistic evaluation of strengths and areas for improvement, informed by feedback from the procurement team, customers and suppliers.
2. Training strategy & blueprint
Based on this assessment, the training strategy will include clear targets, a blueprint for delivering training tailored to staff’s developmental needs, and a process for measuring outcomes.
3. Delivery & embedding learning
We communicate clearly the aims and programme of the Academy, deliver the appropriate mix of training that will engage staff and help them internalise what they learn. We use a blend of classroom training and on-the-job learning (dedicated coaching, ‘surgery’ sessions, remote coaching through a procurement helpdesk) plus digital tools and gamification to enhance the learning experience.
4. Performance monitoring
Effectiveness is all about the trainee’s experience. So we gather feedback at every stage and refine the learning experience. We also monitor progress through the programme, tracking performance and providing an updated action plan based on strengths and weaknesses.
What outcomes can you expect?
- A performance and development framework that’s fit for purpose
- A training and development strategy with clearly defined outcomes
- A training programme tailored to the needs of your business and staff
- A rounded skillset of technical and softer skills required by the ‘procurement professional of the future’
- Strong feedback from participants
- Measurable improvement against the skills framework